A VALENTINE’S MESSAGE: LOVE YOURSELF FIRST – TODAY AND EVERYDAY!
A Valentine’s Day Message: Love Yourself First – Today & Everyday
By: Karen Hoyos
St. Valentine’s day is a very special day to celebrate love and friendship. Yet, many people forget that, throughout their life, the most important relationship is with themselves.
You may be in love right now with someone that is perfect for you and your relationship is fantastic…or maybe you are not happy with the relationship you are in…or maybe you can be happily single, or single and unhappy. Whatever situation you are in, let me remind you of the 5 key principles to an extraordinary relationship:
- Love yourself first: We cannot give or receive what we don’t have. In order for you to love and be loved, you must first experience love and respect for yourself. Many people are searching outside of themselves for what’s missing within and end up in an ongoing cycle of emptiness and unfulfillment. Recognize that you must be your priority always. Your self-love will bring out your best and will move you to be and give your best!
- Be happy with or without someone: Nobody can make you happy. Happiness is a choice that you must make every day, in each moment – no matter what circumstances or people are around you. When you put your happiness in the hands of someone else, you are not taking responsibility for your life. By giving this power away, you became a “victim.” Remember that you are a perfect and whole human being that God created… to “be” and share happiness with others. When you are happy, you attract happy people and happy relationships. Don’t wait a moment to honor your joy. Be happy NOW!
- Let your purpose be the center of your life: Without a purpose, nothing works. In order for you to find meaning and fulfillment, you must find and live your life’s purpose. Why are you here? What is your passion? What is your mission? “Purpose” will empower you to honor your legacy on this planet. When you are living your purpose and focusing your attention on contribution, there is no time for drama. You will be too busy serving others. Your relationship with your loved ones will support and add to your purpose-driven life.
- Be clear of what your values are: Have clarity of what your top values are and make sure that you honor them. Be clear of what is not negotiable in your life and what is. In order for your beloved or potential “significant other” to respect and honor your values, you, my dear one, must make certain you are acknowledging their values, loving them and respecting them fully.
- Learn, Grow, Learn, Grow: Let go of your past and learn from it. Understand that everything that has happened to you in your life – including painful experiences, have been part of a perfect plan for your evolution. These experiences will continue to manifest in many forms until you “get” the lesson. A healthy relationship can only grow in a clean space. Take care of cleaning your space first, so you will then have the space for the magical relationship that God has in store for you.